Christmas’s Random Links: Funny, Informative—Weird
1. Cinnamon is the most Christmas-y smell according to some scientists who had a burning desire to study it. Rose, by the way, is the smell most connected with summer. (NCBI read it here)
2. David Sedaris Talks About Christmas in the Netherlands
3. A Feel Good Dog Story For Christmas: A dog was found in the Red Deer Wilderness reserve (Canada) with a fractured leg, in a den nursing her litter – oh, and a kitten. The kitten, it appears, has been with the litter its entire life. (Full story here)
4. A Scientific Look at the Christmas Star: Doesn’t a story like this pop up every year? (Read it from MSNBC here)
5. Silent Monks Singing Halleluia! They’re pretty good.
6. A Hitler Christmas. No, really. There are pictures. (See it here)
7. Frosty the Snowman Final Countdown.
8. Kid in a Santa Costume has a Cute Collision at the Airport.
9. Family Guy Christmas: Predictably stupid yet funny.
10. The Obligatory 12 Days of Christmas cost analysis. (Read it here)
11. Christians shooting the hell out of a piñata of Santa Clause at a firing range. Interesting way to demonstrate Christ’s love.
12. Want to know what 100,000 Christmas lights on an average sized house look like?